Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Updates!




I can't believe it has been six months since Matt and I got married! He had our Anniversary Day all planned out with fun activities and a restaurant I've been wanting to go to for 4 years (every time we plan to go there something comes up) and of course the eating of our cake! (Usually its one year but our friend that made the cake suggested we eat it before then :) Well The day before, July 15th, Matt got his FIRST FIRE CALL!! It was just a little one outside Deschene (I know I spelled that wrong) UT and so he was gone until July 17th at midnight. So no plans actually happened but we finally got the cake out Sunday and got a few bites into it and Matt got his SECOND FIRE CALL! So he whisked out the door but at least we got to spend the weekend together, which is always a blast, and we got to eat our cake too.



This is my dear sweet husband who can't wait to give me a hug as soon as he gets home from camping for a week! Near fire. and lots of boys... He said he even washed his face before he got home so I wouldn't think a stranger was breaking into the house.



My best friend Amber Hentges moved away to Denver this spring. Do you think that stopped us from watching Harry Potter Opening night at midnight together!? NO!!! She flew out and got in Tuesday afternoon at 3 PM, watched the movie at midnight, ate at Denny's, and dropped her off at the airport at 5:30 for her 7 AM flight (which she thought was 7 PM) We have watched, since number 2 I believe, Every Harry Potter together, and plan to do so in the future. Some people called her crazy, I just call her a good friend!



Saturday July 11th Matt and I got to drive up and see our Mission President Craig Fisher and his wife. The just gt released from the Montana Billings Mission and a group of his assistants all went up for dinner. I love this face!!!





Just sitting out back, enjoying the view and the company.






Melissa, AKA sister Packer, and Cassie, AKA Elder Barnes wifey, Jumpin on the tramp.











Pres. Fisher got his 4-wheeler out and let all us sappy couples take a ride. Isn't my hubby cute?







Earlier that day we went to the Payson Scottish Festival! I discovered this last year and had a blast and I made Matt come with me this year. Something new this year, HAGGIS! (The dog food you see below... it didn't taste bad but was not appetizing to look at) We walked around and saw all the cool Family Crests and booths, and listened to the coolest guys singing. They are called Oceans Apart, partly because one is from Phoenix and the other from Scotland. Then we went on to the highland Games. This is the Sheaf toss (traditionally thrown over the pole while on fire with a pitch fork) This guy ROCKED!

















July 5th We drove out to Tooele where Matt's cousin blessed his second baby girl, Madison. Above with parents Denelle and BJ. BJ bore his testimony after and explained how he felt as a new father. He said (I'm paraphrasing, sorry BJ) That he felt like when a father turns his head and hands his keys over to his car to his newly licensed son. He imagined that's how Heavenly Father feels when he sends a new child to us. He trusts us enough to give them to us but then prays real hard we don't wreck it!


Later that evening we went to his two OTHER cousins where they each blessed a baby of their own! I do have cute pictures but am not blog savvy enough to put them in here....






3 comments:

Julie said...

Busy Busy! Its nice to put a name to a face, meaning President Fisher. I sure appreciate all he did for Tyson during such a difficult time. He's a good man.

Tyler and Naomi said...

You are a busy girl! I love that Amber flew into watch the movie with you. LOVE YOU GUYS! And congrats on 6 months!

Mike & Rebecca said...

hey there you two, soo good to see you at president's report. (duchesne is the correct spelling)and i only know that because it is an hour away from us heading to the wasatch front so we have to pass through there. it looks like you two are having a blast together. love you both